The Safety and Health Initiative Program is a negotiated benefit in your collective bargaining agreement. Funding is available for NYS agencies and PEF to develop joint safety and health programs. The SHIP funds are distributed via grants applied for through joint Health and Safety and/or Labor Management Committees.
- Grant applications must be submitted to the Article 18 Health & Safety Committee for approval,
- All proposals must be developed jointly with management and address education and/or training needs related to health & safety,
- Proposals cannot be employer required trainings but can build on those trainings,
- Proposals can utilize PEF H&S trainers or outside vendors to complete the training programs,
- Grantees may be awarded up to $30,000,
- PEF health & safety staff and the Article 18 Co-Chairs are available to assist Committees in developing grant proposals and answer any questions,
- To learn more about SHIP Grant possibilities and to review the application, visit our SHIP grant webpage