Make sure your tax dollars are working for you. Join PEF’s fight against privatization!
- Record a video clip of yourself (or have your co-worker do it for you) at your work station or job site. The more creative the better!
- Introduce yourself, and in 30 seconds or less, tell us what you do and why your job is important to New York State.
- Upload the video to your personal Facebook page and importantly make sure to tag us, @Public Employees Federation (official).
Your video will then be posted on PEF’s official Facebook page and on this Go Public webpage to showcase your value to New York State.
Thanks for getting personal with your union by Going Public with PEF! Looking forward to seeing all the great videos.
If you have any questions, or need advice or help, contact the PEF Communications Department (formerly Public Relations) at 518-785-1900 ext. 277 or email gro.f1614737200ep@ci1614737200lbupo1614737200g1614737200.
Go Public – Go Safe – Support Public Services
See how privatization robs the people of NYS of not only jobs but of safety and security! New York State Contractor is said to threaten privacy of millions with outsourcing …READ MORE
AFGE: Trump’s Governmentwide Review Must Include Billions in Wasteful Contractor Spending Government spends twice as much on service contractors as on civilian workforce. WASHINGTON – American Federation of Government Employees National President J. David Cox Sr. issued the following statement in response to President Trump’s executive order calling for a top-to-bottom review of the executive branch: READ MORE
The Trillion Dollar Question Hanging Over Public-Private Partnerships
With Trump’s infrastructure plans still unclear, this week’s P3C Public-Private Partnership Conference & Expo in Texas is looking at the what ifs. Onespeaker noted: “an infrastructure plan is not something that can be done by executive order.”…READ MORE
Go Public campaign lights up digital billboards statewide (March Communicator)
Go Public committee plans timely, hard-hitting campaign to fight privatization. At the onset of 2017, PEF leaders wasted no time in launching Go Public, an aggressive campaign designed to get results in PEF’s long-standing battle with the Legislature and governor to save taxpayers millions of dollars. …READ MORE
More PEF members on the job: Pictured hear are just a few of the 53,000 members of PEF that work everyday to bring the highest standards of quality, care and excellence in their professional field for the New York State taxpayer.
- Emergency Room Nurse, SUNY Downstate Medical Center;
- Forester, NYS ENCON; Public Health Nutritionist, NYS Department of Health;
- NYS Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation;
- Food Lab Scientist, NYS Department of Agriculture and Markets;
- NYS Animal Health Inspector; and
- NYS Environmental Educator.