Retirees – Benefits
Dental Insurance for Retiring State Employees
As a state employee, the dental plan you may be receiving today, is not part of your health insurance and does not automatically continue when you retire. As you prepare to retire, you must decide what dental coverage you will select for your retirement coverage. You have the opportunity to continue your COBRA coverage, however, once that coverage ends, you have two choices, Emblem Heath Direct Payment Plan, or Sun Life Dental through PEF Retirees.
Davis Vision Discount Plan
Healthy eyes and clear vision are an important part of your overall health and quality of life. The Davis Vision discount plan helps you care for your eyes while saving you money. The plan is available to active, dues-paying members of the PEF Retirees and their families. This plan is not included in the PEF Retiree dues payment. The plan must be purchased annually in order to take advantage of the discounts on a yearly basis.
- FREE enrollment, NO premiums
- Free Annual Hearing Screening for you and your extended family
- Access to a nationwide network of 2,600+ hearing locations
- Discounts of 30 – 70% off MSRP on top quality hearing aids from 9 different manufacturers
- 3 Year Repair Warranty
- 3 Year Loss and Damage Coverage
- 3 years of Hearing aid cleanings and check-up service
- 3 Years of Free Batteries with every hearing aid purchase
- No-interest Financing Available
- Extended warranties available to purchase for your current hearing aids