PEF Division 236 awards annual 2020 Neil Boyle Scholarships
PEF Division 236 awarded its 2020 annual Neil Boyle Scholarships to 10 college-bound students who are the sons and daughters of Division 236 members at the state Department of Corrections and Community Supervision.
This scholarship program was created more than three decades ago to honor the memory of Neil Boyle, a parole officer in PEF Region 9 who was the key figure in founding and organizing PEF Division 236 and whose organizing efforts also were instrumental in founding PEF in the late 1970s.
Recipients of the $500 Neil Boyle Scholarship Awards in 2020 are:
• Kaylen DeJesus, daughter of Parole Officer Kisha DeJesus;
• Keith Robinson Edwards, son of Senior Parole Officer Jill Robinson;
• Cameron Hodson, son of Senior Parole Officer Robert Hodson;
• Blake Butler, son of Parole Officer Kori Waller;
• Michaela Joseph, daughter of Parole Officer Carla Andre-Joseph;
• Ethan Adeniran, son of Assistant Reentry Manager Sheryl Brown;
• Ian J. Donlon, son of Parole Services Program Specialist Sarah L. Dublin;
• Lauren Vandenburgh, daughter of Deputy Chief of Upstate Parole Violation Megan Hickey;
• Sophie Morgiewicz, daughter of Senior Parole Office Gary Morgiewicz; and
• Lucas Zbytek, son of Parole Officer Scott Zbytek.