|Ailing members need your leave donations|
Ailing members need your leave donations
By SHERRY HALBROOK
The following PEF members have reported a need for leave donations due to the need for medical treatment or recuperation from illness or injury.
Donations are made from annual leave and donors must retain at least 10 days of annual leave after donating. To donate leave, obtain a leave-donation form from your personnel or human resources office and submit it to that office. You may donate leave to employees at both the agency where you work and to those working at other state agencies.
To help facilitate donations, we list an HR contact number for each person needing donations on the list below.
• Linda Deserto is a nurse 2 at Wallkill Correctional Facility in Wallkill. Call 845-895-2021;
• Gina Hallmark is a nurse 2 at Lakeview Shock Correctional Facility in Brockton. Call 716-792-7115;
• Tracy Jensen is a business services center analyst trainee 1 at the state Office of General Services in Albany. Call 518-457-4272;
• Sara Kneaskern is a teaching and research center nurse 2 at SUNY Upstate University Hospital in Syracuse. Call 315-464-4943;
• Joseph Mbotchahawo is an information technology specialist 2 at the state Office of Information Technology Services in Albany. Call 518-457-4272;
• Angela Midgley is an associate in special education at the state Education Department in Albany. Call 518-474-5215;
• Lucas Rathke is an information technology specialist 2, programing at the state Office of Information Technology Services in Albany. Call 518-457-4272; and
• Naomi Van Deinse is an information technology specialist 2 at the state Office of Information Technology Services in Albany. Call 518-457-4272.
The rules for making and receiving leave donations (such as leave recipients may not have had any disciplinary actions or unsatisfactory performance evaluations within their last three years of state employment) are set forth on pages 181 and 182 of the 2016-19 PS&T Contract. If you, or a PEF member you know, need leave donations because of a medical issue, you may contact The Communicator to request publication of that need. Send requests to gro.f1601412450ep@ro1601412450tacin1601412450ummoc1601412450eht1601412450, or call 800-342-4306, ext. 271. Be sure to provide your contact information.
CLICK HERE to view all stories featured in the Communicator!
Follow and Like Us On:
For best desktop viewing use the latest Google Crome browser