- President’s Message
- Letters to the Editor
- Contract Update: #ASHTAG FRIDAYS kicks off to show support for the PEF Contract Team
- Value of the Union: Member credits contract benefits for career advancement
- PEF Executive Board: Discrimination, civil service issues dominate PEF board concerns
- PEF contract chair tells board: ‘I will not beg!’ Gets standing ovation
- Annual PEF-DOCCS L-M forum allows lively back-and-forth
- Union, family, community rally to keep Tony Otto in his home
- Hitting the pavement, manning the phone bank for the kids of western New York
- PEF member Patricia Moran honored by NAMI for service to youth at WNYCPC
- Secretary-Treasurer’s Synopsis
- Navigating Civil Service: Understanding the Rule of Three
- Laws bar employment discrimination, but it’s up to you to enforce them
- PEF member organizes statewide green commute day
- Health Notes
- Fun for the whole family at PEF Family Days
- Retirees In Action: Intergenerational interactions great antidote for ageism
- Labor History: ILGWU supported members with social unionism and Unity House
- Members request leave donations
- Saluting members on their retirement
- Member Highlights on Social Media
- PEF News Clips: National Union News Hub
- Return to top of Contents page
- Last month’s issue & archive
- Cover Photos: By PEF Members. Layout: Mario Bruni
WE’RE ALL IN! ARE YOU?Newly hired PEF Members and existing PEF Members, Sign up now! https://apps.pef.org/join-pef.html
DOWNLOAD “The UPDATED EXISTING PEF Membership Card” at: http://www.pef.org/pef_files/docs/forms/Exisiting_Membership_Card.pdf
DOWNLOAD “The NEWLY HIRED PEF Membership Card” at: http://www.pef.org/pef_files/docs/forms/PEF_Membership_Application.pdf
PEF Members: If you have a question or need information about the PEF Membership Benefits Program please call that department directly at 800-342-4306 ext. 243. You may also purchase tickets and get information at https://www.buymbp.com/ or gro.f1627616883ep@st1627616883seuqe1627616883rbewb1627616883m1627616883 You can order tickets online 24 hours a day.
Advantages of The eCommunicator: See more news & see it sooner! Signup!
PEF is taking advantage of the opportunities afforded by digital communication to bring you enhanced news coverage through The eCommunicator and The eCommunicator Plus. These features link you to additional information and events and stories that break between the regular issues of The Communicator.
Every reader should watch for the emails alerting them to the latest issues and bonus news, and will explore the new levels of information, photos, videos and interactive messaging that are offered.
The eCommunicator brings you the information you need faster and more completely while allowing PEF to be more environmentally friendly and more efficient with PEF dues. PEF is continuing at present to make a limited number of print copies of The Communicator available at its regional offices.