The Communicator July/August 2019, Volume 37. No. 6 • PDF Edition
- President’s Message
- Letters to the Editor
- Contract Update: Safe staffing for nurses, privatization of bargaining unit work proposals passed along; hourly members share their stories
- Every Friday is #ASHTAG FRIDAYS! Support your PEF Contract Team today!
- Janus anniversary finds members making PEF stronger than ever
- Legislative Recap: State lawmakers passed PEF’s Cost/Benefit Analysis bill
- Council leaders call for stop to union-busting at Region 1 OPWDD
- OPWDD appeals Tony Otto’s hearing victory; family vows to continue the fight
- DOCCS honors PEF parole officers at annual memorial ceremony
- Value of the union: PEF wins court case for fair pay for summer teachers at DOCCS
- After nine years of ‘on-call’ grind, member receives $40k settlement
- Prepping the course, working behind-the-scenes at PGA Championship
- EMS council honors Upstate University Hospital nurse for job well done
- Convention 2019 Preview and Constitutional Amendment
- Health Notes
- Retirees In Action
- PEF Special Elections Update
- Labor History: Standing up for the right to unionize
- Communications Department earns awards
- Member’s son shows keen appreciation of unions
- Upcoming Jewish Committee Event
- Members request leave donations
- Saluting members on their retirement
- Upcoming Regional Labor Day Parade Events
- Member Highlights on Social Media
- PEF News Clips: National Union News Hub
- Return to top of Contents page
- Last month’s issue & archive
- Cover Layout: Mario Bruni
WE’RE ALL IN! ARE YOU?Newly hired PEF Members and existing PEF Members, Sign up now! https://apps.pef.org/join-pef.html
DOWNLOAD “The UPDATED EXISTING PEF Membership Card” at: http://www.pef.org/pef_files/docs/forms/Exisiting_Membership_Card.pdf
DOWNLOAD “The NEWLY HIRED PEF Membership Card” at: http://www.pef.org/pef_files/docs/forms/PEF_Membership_Application.pdf
PEF Members: If you have a question or need information about the PEF Membership Benefits Program please call that department directly at 800-342-4306 ext. 243. You may also purchase tickets and get information at https://www.buymbp.com/ or gro.f1627453667ep@st1627453667seuqe1627453667rbewb1627453667m1627453667 You can order tickets online 24 hours a day.
Advantages of The eCommunicator: See more news & see it sooner! Signup!
PEF is taking advantage of the opportunities afforded by digital communication to bring you enhanced news coverage through The eCommunicator and The eCommunicator Plus. These features link you to additional information and events and stories that break between the regular issues of The Communicator.
Every reader should watch for the emails alerting them to the latest issues and bonus news, and will explore the new levels of information, photos, videos and interactive messaging that are offered.
The eCommunicator brings you the information you need faster and more completely while allowing PEF to be more environmentally friendly and more efficient with PEF dues. PEF is continuing at present to make a limited number of print copies of The Communicator available at its regional offices.