PEF Leader’s and Members, The time is NOW to take action!
A message from PEF President Wayne Spence to PEF Leaders and Members,
Please see the attached 2019-2020 budget memo to the New York State legislature along with the “issue, impact and solution” fact sheet, which includes the recent 30 day budget amendments. We only have until April 1, 2019 and I ask that every PEF member take the time to visit, email or call their local legislators with the information attached.
In an effort to maximize the response’s, this posting includes the links that will find and send a prewritten letter directly to your elected Senator and Assembly Member, all you have to do is click submit. Click here to print out the PEF 2019-2020 Budget Priorities Fact Sheet
Email a Pre-Written Letter Today
- Civil Service Erosion
- Design Build
- Downsizing at State Agencies
- Closing New York State Prisons
- Jail Based Restoration of Competency
- Retiree Health Care
- SUNY Hospital Funding
- SHU Letter
When you contact your local elected Senator and Assembly Member, the attached information will assist in stopping harmful budget proposals against PEF members and PEF retirees. Currently, SWPAC Chairs and PEF PALS are securing meetings across the state between their members and local state legislators. Please see the SWPAC contact information below for your regional political action representative.
If you prefer to call your legislator
- Call your Assembly member: 518-455-4100 and ask for your Assemblyperson Find your Assemblyperson
- Call your Senator : 518-455-2800 and ask for your Senator Find your Senator
Pre-written letter’s are available in either word or PDF format, so that you can personalize to your liking. Click here to print out the PEF 2019-2020 Budget Priorities Fact Sheet
If you prefer to write and send a personalized letter
- SUNY Hospital Funding (PDF)
- Design Build (PDF)
- DOCCS Prison Closure (s) (PDF)
- Downsizing at State Agencies’ (PDF)
- Civil Service Erosion (PDF)
- Retiree Health Care (PDF)
- SHU Letter (PDF)
- Jail-Based Restoration to Competency (PDF)
What are some other actions you can take?
- Contact your PAC Chair (listing below) and get involved with local regional lobbying and help us ensure our budget for 2019 are achieved;
- Familiarize yourself with the 2019 PEF Legislative Agenda
- Check the PEF website and Facebook page often to make sure you are informed about union activities and the issues facing PEF;
- Help enforce the PEF CONTRACT at your workplace;
- Go to the PEF website and update your contact information;
- View the recent Communicator magazine;
- If you have not already done so, Re-commit to your union;
As leaders, please feel free to forward and share with your local constituency.
Scroll and refresh your screen to see and download budget memo: