Union Membership Offers You – The Security & Services That Make PEF Stronger For All Of Us! PEF is Stronger Because of Your Membership.
DID YOU KNOW…
- The strength of our contract is based on the strength of our membership
- Contract benefits like wage increases, paid sick time, paid vacation and excellent health insurance are results of union negotiations made stronger by a united membership
- Training and Education, Health and Safety, and local Labor/Management committees are the result of union negotiations and help ensure workplace protections for union members
- Strong membership gives us the power to advocate successfully for the passage of legislation that supports union priorities and goals, like job protection and enforcement of the civil service system and helps protect our retirement security
- Strength in membership resulted in the passage of legislation last year that will allow you to deduct a percentage of your union dues from your state income taxes, beginning in 2018. And did you know your union dues are approximately the cost of only two days of accruals?
- De-funding the union means fewer resources to fight for better pay and benefit. Every member we lose decreases our ability to maintain and improve what we have. We will be negotiating a new contract next year and your dues and your membership absolutely make a difference!
- Rights, salaries and benefits that have helped create good middle-class jobs and strong families that have been the foundation of our communities.
BUT… De-funding the Union means fewer resources to fight for better pay and benefits. Every member we lose decreases our ability to maintain and improve what we have. We will be negotiating a new contract next year AND your dues AND your membership absolutely make a difference.
Keep your PEF Membership. If you opt-out, benefits will stop.
Benefits you will lose as a result of Membership Revocation:
• Union representation during any disciplinary action, including Justice Center matters
• Union representation in any downsizing, outsourcing, or layoff actions not covered by the collective bargaining agreement
PEF Membership Benefits Programs you will lose:
- Group Term Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Accident Indemnity Insurance
- Cancer Care Insurance
- Auto/Home/Renters Insurance
- Emergency Travel/Identify Theft Protection
- Free College Benefit
- Justice Center Benefit
- Legal Defense Benefit
- Discharge of Official Weapon Benefit
- Assault, Trauma, and Captivity Coverage
- Voluntary Legal Service Plan
- Financial Planning and Credit Counseling
- Purchase Power Financing Alternative
- Payroll Deduction
- Defensive Driving Course
- Exam Fee Reimbursement
- PEF Travel Services & Rebates
- Discounts on entertainment activities for you & your family