Labor Day is a celebration and reflection of the grit, the resilience and the sacrifices made by America’s working families. It is a unique holiday where the emphasis is not on gift-giving, but embracing family and friends and remembering the union-made gains we enjoy today.
It’s a day of pride for most workers. We think about clocking into a job every morning and staying late to make sure it is done right. Good workers pick up an extra shift to help a fellow co-worker who is in a jam. And they appreciate what their forefathers accomplished so they can enjoy a better life. READ MORE (As published in The Communicator Sept. 2016)
SCHEDULED REGIONAL EVENTS – Click on links for time and lineup information:
- Region 1 – The Buffalo Labor Day Parade – Monday, Sept. 4
- Region 3 – The Rochester Labor Day Parade Monday, Sept. 4
- Region 7 – The Massena Labor Day Parade Monday, Sept. 4
- Region 8 – The Labor Day Celebration & Picnic at Cook Park, Monday, Sept. 4
- Region 8 – Albany Solidarity Labor Day Parade, Friday, Sept. 8
- Region 10 & 11 – The West Indian American Labor Day Parade – Monday, Sept. 4
- Region 10 & 11 – The NYC Central Labor Council Labor Day Parade – Sat. Sept. 9
- Region 10 & 11 – The NYC African American Labor Day Parade – Sunday, Sept. 17
- Region 10 & 11 – The Black Caucus of PS&T & PEF Invites Families & Friends To the African American Parade – Sun. Sept. 17
Visit this page frequently for updates on more Labor Day Parades in your region.