Health and Safety
- Health and Safety Conference 2018
- Safety & Health Initiatives Program Grants
- Health and Safety Committees and Meeting Minutes
Our comprehensive programs are designed to benefit PEF members in every agency. We provide information and technical assistance in a variety of ways. Programs include:
- On-site training, workshops and conferences, including Train- the- Trainer models of instruction to broaden our reach. We train on the topics that affect members the most, such as violence in the workplace, ergonomics, workplace stress, indoor air quality, worker’s compensation, chemical hazards and much more.
- Formation and support of workplace and agency joint health and safety committees.
- Technical assistance such as worksite inspections and policy review; workers’ compensation assistance; PESH enforcement; fact sheets; information on standards & regulations; and “Right to Know” information.
- Advocate for stronger health and safety regulations at the agency, state, and federal levels.
Health and Safety Staff:
Shawn Bobb has been with the PEF since 1993 as a Health and Safety Specialist. Prior to this, he was a Public Health Representative with the NYS Department of Health’s TB Control Bureau. He assists agency and local health and safety committees with identifying potential and existing occupational safety and health issues and providing recommendations for corrective actions. Shawn has a graduate degree in Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences from Hunter College.
Geraldine Stella has been with PEF since 1992 and is a Health & Safety Specialist. Geraldine is responsible for direct outreach to members, and agencies, on a variety of health and safety issues and provides training and education, research and development of effective safety and health policies and programs, and technical assistance on occupational health and safety issues. She assists injured workers with complicated worker’s compensation issues, and mentors new health and safety activists. Geraldine earned a B.S. in Psychology with a focus on Industrial/Organizational programs. A union advocate for many years, she has additional experience in labor/management, negotiations, grievance handling and political action.
Paige Engelhardt is a Health and Safety Specialist with a background in Health and Physical Therapy. She earned her Doctorate in Physical Therapy and B.S. in Health Studies from Utica College. Paige has completed clinical research on falls within the diabetic population, in relation to sensory loss. She works with members on a variety of health and safety issues, provides recommendations for controls, and delivers various health and safety trainings across the state. In addition, Paige is the lead trainer for PEF’s ergonomics program and provides technical assistance to ergonomic assessors statewide.
Crystal Bruno Administrative Secretary
For more information please contact
Training and Education – Health and Safety
at 1-800-342-4306 x:254