Ailing members need your leave donations
The following PEF members have reported a need for leave donations due to the need for medical treatment or recuperation from illness or injury.
Donations are made from annual leave and donors must retain at least 10 days of annual leave after donating. To donate leave to a specific person listed below, call the number after their name.
- Kenneth Bakker,
- Sharon Sterricker and
- Barbara Visker are teaching and research center nurse 2s at SUNY Upstate University Hospital in Syracuse. To donate leave, call 315-464-4943.
- Jeffrey Giocondo is a contract management specialist 1 at the state Office of General Services in Albany. Call 518-473-5282.
- Ann Krenn is an offender rehabilitation coordinator at Five Points Correctional Facility in Romulus. Call 518-869-5111.
- Edward Marzec is a tax auditor 1 at the state Department of Taxation and Finance in Buffalo. Call 716-855-5330.
- Kimberly Tucker is an administrative assistant at the state Department of Agriculture and Markets in Albany. Call 518-457-3216.
The rules for making and receiving leave donations (such as leave recipients may not have had any disciplinary actions or unsatisfactory performance evaluations within their last three years of state employment) are set forth on pages 181 and 182 of the 2016-19 PS&T Contract. If you, or a PEF member you know, need leave donations because of a medical issue, you may contact The Communicator to request publication of that need. Send requests to gro.f1553121438ep@ro1553121438tacin1553121438ummoc1553121438eht1553121438, or call 800-342-4306, ext. 271. Be sure to provide your contact information.
— Sherry Halbrook