Volume 37. No. 1 – PDF
- President’s Message
- Letters to the Editor
- Member input empowers contract team
- Get to Know Your Contract Team – Final in the series
- PEF IDs tentative concerns in proposed NYS budget
- Value of the Union: Tuition reimbursement program
- Membership Engagement
- PEF union dues deduction on NYS income taxes for 2018
- NYS Supreme Court judges rule for PEF on out-of-title work
- Members memory of sons generous spirit lives on
- Seeing danger through a trained eye
- Navigating Civil Service: Different types of appointment status
- Meet Your Leaders – Final in the series
- Women’s March in NYC
- Burst of song at PEF convention in step with workers’ struggle to be heard
- PEF Special Elections Update
- Parole Officer’s overtime issues resolved
- Volunteers help clean up Gateway National Recreation area as shutdown lingers
- Retirees In Action
- Thayer, former PEF VP, dead at 84
- Health Notes
- Labor History: African American unions
- Members request leave donations
- Saluting members on their retirement
- Labor-management chairs hone their skills
- Member Highlights on Social Media
- PEF News Clips: National Union News Hub
- Return to top of Contents page
- Last month’s issue & archive
Coming to your mailbox soon, The Communicator Newsletter
WE’RE ALL IN! ARE YOU?Newly hired PEF Members and existing PEF Members, Sign up now! https://apps.pef.org/join-pef.html
DOWNLOAD “The UPDATED EXISTING PEF Membership Card” at: http://www.pef.org/pef_files/docs/forms/Exisiting_Membership_Card.pdf
DOWNLOAD “The NEWLY HIRED PEF Membership Card” at: http://www.pef.org/pef_files/docs/forms/PEF_Membership_Application.pdf
PEF Members: If you have a question or need information about the PEF Membership Benefits Program please call that department directly at 800-342-4306 ext. 243. You may also purchase tickets and get information at https://www.buymbp.com/ or gro.f1553121574ep@st1553121574seuqe1553121574rbewb1553121574m1553121574 You can order tickets online 24 hours a day.
Advantages of The eCommunicator: See more news & see it sooner! Signup!
PEF is taking advantage of the opportunities afforded by digital communication to bring you enhanced news coverage through The eCommunicator and The eCommunicator Plus. These features link you to additional information and events and stories that break between the regular issues of The Communicator.
Every reader should watch for the emails alerting them to the latest issues and bonus news, and will explore the new levels of information, photos, videos and interactive messaging that are offered.
The eCommunicator brings you the information you need faster and more completely while allowing PEF to be more environmentally friendly and more efficient with PEF dues. PEF is continuing at present to make a limited number of print copies of The Communicator available at its regional offices.