By SHERRY HALBROOK
Nominating petitions will be available starting January 3 to fill mid-term vacancies in the post of PEF Region 10 coordinator and eight seats on the PEF Executive Board. The petitions must be submitted by January 25.
Successful candidates will serve the remainder of three-year terms that end July 31, 2021.
The vacant seats subject to this 2019 first-quarter special election are:
• Region 10 Coordinator, which represents all members working in Manhattan and the Bronx;
• Board Seat 1, which represents members working for the state Department of Agriculture and Markets;
• Board Seat 75, which represents PEF Region 8 members working for the state Education Department (PEF Div. 194) in ACCES, OCE, OMS, and OP;
• Board Seat 90, which represents PEF Region 8 members working for the state Higher Education Services Corp.;
• Board Seat 95, which represents members working for the SUNY Upstate Main Campus (SUNY HSC SYR and SUNY SYR HOSP PR) who have last names beginning with A to M and who are in these titles: T&R Specialty Nurses, T&R Nurse 1 and T&R Nurse 2;
• Board Seat 225, which represents members working for the state Labor Department in PEF Regions 1-4;
• Board Seat 425, which represents PEF members working for the state Department of Public Service;
• Board Seat 460, which represents PEF members working for the state Department of State;
• Board Seat 540, which represents members working at Narcotic and Drug Research Inc. and at Eastern Niagara Hospital in Lockport; and
• Board Seat 545, which represents members working in the following political subdivisions of New York state: Albany Housing Authority; Albany County Probation; and Allegany County.
Nominees for Region 10 coordinator must have been a member of PEF since January 25, 2017, and nominees for board seats must have been members since July 29, 2018.
If only one candidate is certified for a seat, that candidate will be seated. If more than one candidate for a seat is certified, ballots will be mailed by the American Arbitration Association February 19 to constituents of that seat. Ballots must be returned by March 13 for counting by AAA March 14.