By SHERRY HALBROOK
Ian Duckor was elected March 14 to fill the mid-term vacancy in PEF Executive Board Seat 75 that represents PEF Region 8 members working for the state Education Department (PEF Div. 194) in ACCES, OCE, OMS, and OP. He will serve the remainder of the three-year term that ends June 30, 2021.
Nominating petitions for the second-quarter special elections to fill additional mid-term board vacancies will be available starting April 3, and they must be submitted by April 24.
If only one candidate for a seat is certified, that candidate will be seated. If more than one candidate for a seat is certified an election will be held and ballots will be mailed May 15 to constituents of that seat. Ballots must be returned by June 6, for counting June 7.
Nominees will be sought to fill the following vacant board seats in the 2019 second-quarter special election:
- Board Seat 1, which represents members working for the state Department of Agriculture and Markets;
- Board Seat 9, which represents members working for the Office of the State Comptroller at 110 State Street in Albany on Floors 8-11, 14, and 15;
- Board Seat 12, which represents members working for the state Department of Financial Services, both upstate and downstate in insurance;
- Board Seat 195, which represents members working for the state Health Department main office — PEF Region 8 including: Menands-Riverview Center, 800 North Pearl, Glens Falls, and Saranac Lake, (PEF Division. 205C);
- Board Seat 225, which represents members working for the state Labor Department in PEF Regions 1-4;
- Board Seat 425, which represents PEF members working for the state Department of Public Service;
- Board Seat 460, which represents PEF members working for the state Department of State;
- Board Seat 540, which represents members working at Narcotic and Drug Research Inc. and at Eastern Niagara Hospital in Lockport; and
- Board Seat 545, which represents members working in the following political subdivisions of New York state: Albany Housing Authority; Albany County Probation; and Allegany County.
PEF Members, stay informed with the latest union information. Per the election timetable certified by the PEF Special Elections Committee, petitions will be available at all PEF Offices on April 3, 2019 at 9AM. Petitions will be available to download below starting at 9AM on April 4, 2019. CLICK HERE FOR PEF ELECTION UPDATES!
Find all the resources you need for your PEF Divisions Finance. Please contact your PEF Divisions Finance Team with any division financial questions or concerns. CLICK HERE FOR PEF DIVISIONS FINANCE UPDATES!