The Communicator April 2019, Volume 37. No. 3 PDF
- President’s Message
- Letters to the Editor
- Contract Update: Contract talks start to sizzle with issues voiced by members
- Article 18 encompasses health and safety in a myriad of ways
- Value of the Union: You’re never alone when the union is with you
- PEF Executive Board Spring meeting
- Nurse Lobby Day & Conference
- PEF shoulders the needs of developmentally disabled people
- PEF women share inspiring international calls for equality, respect, solidarity
- PEF and AFT deliver the first book program to children in Rochester
- Navigating Civil Service: Reaching for Civil Service’s Career Mobility Office
- PEF Special Elections Update
- 41st Annual PEF Convention Delegate information
- PEF switching to online petition forms for division elections
- Readiness key to confronting fires, emergencies
- Retirees In Action
- Labor History: Workers’ Memorial Day focuses on preventing cancer
- Members request leave donations
- Saluting members on their retirement
- Member Highlights on Social Media
- PEF News Clips: National Union News Hub
- Return to top of Contents page
- Last month’s issue & archive
Cover Photo: PEF Executive Board members show their support of the contract team at a recent meeting. Contract team members echo their solidarity message of REAL PROFESSIONALS, REAL RESPECT, REAL VOICE 54,746! Photos by Sherry Halbrook and Paul Seeger
Newly hired PEF Members and existing PEF Members, Sign up now! https://apps.pef.org/join-pef.html
DOWNLOAD “The UPDATED EXISTING PEF Membership Card” at: http://www.pef.org/pef_files/docs/forms/Exisiting_Membership_Card.pdf
DOWNLOAD “The NEWLY HIRED PEF Membership Card” at: http://www.pef.org/pef_files/docs/forms/PEF_Membership_Application.pdf PEF Members: If you have a question or need information about the PEF Membership Benefits Program please call that department directly at 800-342-4306 ext. 243. You may also purchase tickets and get information at https://www.buymbp.com/ or gro.f1556289850ep@st1556289850seuqe1556289850rbewb1556289850m1556289850 You can order tickets online 24 hours a day.
Advantages of The eCommunicator: See more news & see it sooner! Signup!
PEF is taking advantage of the opportunities afforded by digital communication to bring you enhanced news coverage through The eCommunicator and The eCommunicator Plus. These features link you to additional information and events and stories that break between the regular issues of The Communicator.
Every reader should watch for the emails alerting them to the latest issues and bonus news, and will explore the new levels of information, photos, videos and interactive messaging that are offered.
The eCommunicator brings you the information you need faster and more completely while allowing PEF to be more environmentally friendly and more efficient with PEF dues. PEF is continuing at present to make a limited number of print copies of The Communicator available at its regional offices.