The Communicator May 2019, Volume 37. No. 4 PDF
- President’s Message
- Letters to the Editor
- Contract Update: Health insurance, compensation discussions open; small table talks going well
- PEF nurses, EMS staff rally for pay equity, respect, staff retention and to support union lawsuit
- PEF nurses learn: workplace bullying, building health & safety committees at conference day
- Nurses Lobby Day: Members give lawmakers glimpse of harsh realities for nurses
- Value of the Union: PEF stands by member to protect his job and back pay
- OPWDD “Home Strong” campaign Tony Otto press conference
- Got student loan debt? AFT may need your input
- PEF helps geologists get 3-grade boost up their career ladder
- New PEF Black Caucus chapter forms in central and western NY
- Member runs for town board office in home district
- Navigating Civil Service – Traineeships: Advanced Placement and Early Advancement
- PEF Black Caucus, Region 8 women take on topic of domestic violence
- PEF Special Elections Update
- Federal Bill of Rights and Election Labor Management Reporting and Disclosure Act
- It’s the competition he loves, but the winnings are good, too
- Health Notes
- Retirees In Action
- Labor History: The Labor movement is here to stay
- Members request leave donations
- Saluting members on their retirement
- Member Highlights on Social Media
- PEF News Clips: National Union News Hub
- Return to top of Contents page
- Last month’s issue & archive
Cover Photo: By Dan Carpenter
Newly hired PEF Members and existing PEF Members, Sign up now! https://apps.pef.org/join-pef.html
DOWNLOAD “The UPDATED EXISTING PEF Membership Card” at: http://www.pef.org/pef_files/docs/forms/Exisiting_Membership_Card.pdf
DOWNLOAD “The NEWLY HIRED PEF Membership Card” at: http://www.pef.org/pef_files/docs/forms/PEF_Membership_Application.pdf PEF Members: If you have a question or need information about the PEF Membership Benefits Program please call that department directly at 800-342-4306 ext. 243. You may also purchase tickets and get information at https://www.buymbp.com/ or gro.f1558944638ep@st1558944638seuqe1558944638rbewb1558944638m1558944638 You can order tickets online 24 hours a day.
Advantages of The eCommunicator: See more news & see it sooner! Signup!
PEF is taking advantage of the opportunities afforded by digital communication to bring you enhanced news coverage through The eCommunicator and The eCommunicator Plus. These features link you to additional information and events and stories that break between the regular issues of The Communicator.
Every reader should watch for the emails alerting them to the latest issues and bonus news, and will explore the new levels of information, photos, videos and interactive messaging that are offered.
The eCommunicator brings you the information you need faster and more completely while allowing PEF to be more environmentally friendly and more efficient with PEF dues. PEF is continuing at present to make a limited number of print copies of The Communicator available at its regional offices.