- President’s Message
- Letters to the Editor
- Contract Update: Negotiations take off with proposals being exchanged, scrutinized
- Get to know your contract team
- Value of the Union: PEF saves the jobs of two members facing termination
- Navient Class Action Lawsuit
- Discrimination, prison closings hot topics at annual PEF Black Caucus reception
- PEF unity fuels protest at the Office of Medicaid Inspector General
- Register for nurse conference and Lobby Day
- PEF pushes state on safety after assault on member in state parking lot
- First female canine handler investigates causes of fires
- Navigating Civil Service: Statewide eligible versus certified eligible lists
- PEF Special Elections Update
- Retirees In Action
- Health Notes
- Labor History: Honoring a labor activist of our time
- Division 245 scholarships awards
- Members request leave donations
- Saluting members on their retirement
- Member Highlights on Social Media
- PEF News Clips: National Union News Hub
- Return to top of Contents page
- Last month’s issue & archive
Cover Photo: Courtesy of PEF’s Facebook page. UNION STRONG —Sarah Noa-Martyn, licensed master social worker OPWDD, PEF council leader division 259 at a recent PEF contract town hall meeting Region 3 in Rochester.
Newly hired PEF Members and existing PEF Members, Sign up now! https://apps.pef.org/join-pef.html
DOWNLOAD “The UPDATED EXISTING PEF Membership Card” at: http://www.pef.org/pef_files/docs/forms/Exisiting_Membership_Card.pdf
DOWNLOAD “The NEWLY HIRED PEF Membership Card” at: http://www.pef.org/pef_files/docs/forms/PEF_Membership_Application.pdfPEF Members: If you have a question or need information about the PEF Membership Benefits Program please call that department directly at 800-342-4306 ext. 243. You may also purchase tickets and get information at https://www.buymbp.com/ or gro.f1553083823ep@st1553083823seuqe1553083823rbewb1553083823m1553083823 You can order tickets online 24 hours a day.
Advantages of The eCommunicator: See more news & see it sooner! Signup!
PEF is taking advantage of the opportunities afforded by digital communication to bring you enhanced news coverage through The eCommunicator and The eCommunicator Plus. These features link you to additional information and events and stories that break between the regular issues of The Communicator.
Every reader should watch for the emails alerting them to the latest issues and bonus news, and will explore the new levels of information, photos, videos and interactive messaging that are offered.
The eCommunicator brings you the information you need faster and more completely while allowing PEF to be more environmentally friendly and more efficient with PEF dues. PEF is continuing at present to make a limited number of print copies of The Communicator available at its regional offices.