The JANUS toolkit is open.
Here are the tools that make PEF work for you.
Start with these tools:
• U.S. Supreme Court rules against unions in Janus v AFSCME – June 27, 2018
• Janus —What You Need to Know
• Newly Hired PEF Membership Card
• Updated Existing Membership Card
• Union vs. Janus Checklist
• 5 things you should know about the anti-worker Janus case before the U.S. Supreme Court
• ABOOD v. DETROIT BOARD OF EDUCATION, (1977)
• Unions will face a tough challenge when the Supreme Court says ‘yes!’ to freeloaders
• Janus v. American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees, Council 31
Gov. Andrew Cuomo signs a new state law April 12 in Manhattan flanked by PEF President Wayne Spence and state AFL-CIO President Mario Cilento and other labor leaders and activists.
The law gives public employees a strong incentive to continue paying dues, even if the U.S. Supreme Court rules later this spring on the Janus v. AFSCME case that agency-shop fees are illegal. See news links below:
• Bill Increases Access to and Protects Union Membership in New York State
• Read The Chief Leader article
• NY State of Politics
• AM New York
• Democrat & Chronicle
• The Value of The Union (True stories of members)
Keep up with the latest news:
Please see the attached PowerPoint presentation that was presented to the March 2018 PEF Executive Board by Karla Hernandez-Mats, President of United Teachers of Dade County, Miami, Florida.
• Public Servants Are Losing Their Foothold in the Middle Class
• Louisiana teacher handcuffed, arrested after bringing up brass salary at school board meeting. Louisiana is a Right to Work State.
MORE TOOLS TO BE MADE AVAILABLE. BOOKMARK, REFRESH AND CHECK THIS PAGE FREQUENTLY.