PEF LEADERSHIP ALLOCATES $200K FOR FIGHT BACK CAMPAIGNS
The Kent/Garcia administration proposed making $200,000 available for fight back campaigns against Governor Cuomo’s proposals to transform government that threaten the services PEF members provide and threaten the employment continuity of our members. Members of PEF’s Executive Board swiftly voted in favor of making the funds available to support PEF’s priorities:
- Ensuring the continuity of employment of PEF members with no geographic hardship.
- The State cannot relinquish responsibility to provide quality services to clients in state-operated clinically appropriate settings with qualified professional state staff.
- We oppose reduction in services to clients.
- We oppose privatization of state provided services as it lowers the quality of those services.
- We oppose the reduction of qualified state staff who are professionally trained to provide services to these clients.