PEF has been and will continue to advocate that all State offices in the NYC and Long Island areas be closed until the storm has passed, mass transit is restored, and our members can once again safely travel to work.
Based on information we have received so far from the State, the following State offices have been closed today:
The State has announced (effective 1:10) a directed early departure for all non-essential employees working in offices in NYC and LI and Broome County.
State offices and facilities affected by the Zone A mandatory evacuation order in New York City and certain additional offices near
Zone A in Manhattan have been closed. These include:
- 1 State Street
- 15 Beaver Street
- 25 Beaver Street
- 80 Maiden Lane
- 90 Church Street
- 100 Church Street
- All DMV offices in NYC and Long Island and the DMV office in West Haverstraw are closed.
- DOL office closings so far include Spring Valley, Middletown, Newburgh, Hauppauge, Kingston, Staten Island, and the Varick St. and Broad St. offices in New York City.
Earlier today the State also issued directed early departures for:
- The SIF office in Melville NY
- DOH offices in Central Islip and New Rochelle
****There have been no decisions made yet one way or the other about tomorrow. ****
Please check the New York State Hurricane Safety website or call the hotline below for important information on the storm.
- Hurricane Sandy Helpline for Citizen Preparedness Information: 1-888-769-7243/1-518-485-1159