Websites are organized into the following categories:
1. Consumer information, services and publications — these websites cover a variety of health-related topics with links to many other useful sites.
2. Illness and condition-specific information — included are websites dedicated to conditions such as cancer, children’s health and heart disease; plus disease prevention and wellness.
3. Prescription drugs — includes recent FDA drug approvals, reported problems and text of drug package inserts
4. Health care facilities where PEF members work–each website offers a variety of health information and resources
Other categories will be added in the future. Please send suggestions for additional websites to gro.f1496037395ep@na1496037395myatS1496037395D1496037395
1. Consumer information, services and publications
A gateway consumer health and human services website sponsored by the U.S. government
National Library of Medicine
Includes direct MEDLINE access for on-line searches of medical literature
2. Illness and condition-specific information
3. Prescription drugs
Institute for Safe Medication PracticesIncludes warnings about similar names and packaging of different drugs, a practitioner reporting system for medication errors, and alerts for patients.
MEDLINEplus: Drug InformationDrug information on thousands of prescription and over-the-counter medications from the National Institutes of Health.
Medication.comSponsored by the American Society of Health System Pharmacists; contains drug information by brand or generic name, potential side effects and precautions.