On Monday, January 15th we are commemorating and celebrating the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. We honor Dr. King for his leadership, vision, and strength. Let Dr. King’s message of justice and brotherhood continue to inspire us as we remember the ideals he held and the life he lived.
“History is a great teacher. Now everyone knows that the labor movement did not diminish the strength of the nation but enlarged it. By raising the living standards of millions, labor miraculously created a market for industry and lifted the whole nation to undreamed of levels of production. Those who attack labor forget these simple truths, but history remembers them.”
Check back on this page for more updated events in the remaining PEF Regions:
• Celebration of the Life and Legacy of Martin Luther King Jr.: Keynote speaker Mayor Lovely Warren. Features music, dance and poetry. Sponsored by 1199 SEIU United Healthcare Workers East and the Strong Memorial Hospital Administration. 11:30 a.m. Jan. 16. Whipple Auditorium at University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Ave. Free. (585) 730-6434. Download flier
• Martin Luther King Jr. Day 2018 at Nazareth
Callahan Theatre, Arts Center
January 15, 2018 – 9:30 am- 12:30 pm
• RIT: Expressions of King’s Legacy
Gordon Field House | Registration is required
January 23, 2018 – 12:00pm- 2:00pm
• Celebrating the Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Penfield Public Library | Registration is required
January 15, 2018 – 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
• Speaker Rev. Harvey Clemons St. John Fisher College
Cleary Auditorium, Kearney Hall 11:30 am- 2:00 pm
• Almeta Whitis, renowned storyteller: Being the Dream Carriers
Pittsford Community Library 2:00 pm
• “At the river I stand” film viewing and q&a
Giffen Memorial elementary school
January 11, 2018 – 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
• Memorial Observance of the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Empire State Plaza Convention center
January 15, 2018 – 10:00 am
Check back on this page for more updated events in the remaining PEF Regions