PEF and other union members around the nation are celebrating the economic and social contributions of workers that strengthen the prosperity and well-being of our country. Labor Day became a federal holiday 123 years ago, and it still remains a day for working people to be grateful for the benefits the labor movement has gained throughout the years. It is also a day to unite with union brothers and sisters, as public employees face new and tougher challenges.
On this Labor Day, our thoughts and prayers are with the residents of Texas and the brave first responders on the scene of the devastation from Hurricane Harvey. Please check back to the PEF website and social media pages for how to get involved with PEF Hurricane Harvey Relief.
SCHEDULED REGIONAL EVENTS – Click on links for time and lineup information:
- Region 1 – The Buffalo Labor Day Parade – Monday, Sept. 4
- Region 3 – The Rochester Labor Day Parade Monday, Sept. 4
- Region 7 – The Massena Labor Day Parade Monday, Sept. 4
- Region 8 – The Labor Day Celebration & Picnic at Cook Park, Monday, Sept. 4
- Region 8 – Albany Solidarity Labor Day Parade, Friday, Sept. 8
- Region 10 & 11 – The West Indian American Labor Day Parade – Monday, Sept. 4
- Region 10 & 11 – The NYC Central Labor Council Labor Day Parade – Sat. Sept. 9
- Region 10 & 11 – The NYC African American Labor Day Parade – Sun, Sept. 17
- Region 10 & 11 – The Black Caucus of PS&T & PEF Invites Families & Friends To the African American Parade – Sun. Sept. 17